Tuesday, January 24, 2006

God's Smuggler

Recently finished reading God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew. It's hard for me to put a finger on how this book has affected me. I'm going to write a few thoughts to help me clear my head.

I think what hit home to me right away was the fact that Brother Andrew, after he came home from the war with a bad foot, wasn't happy with himself and didn't know what to do next. At the end of each day I am not happy with how I have conducted myself - I am continuing to do the things that hurt me most, and isolate me. Each day I also wonder where I am going to go with my life; especially my career. I keep thinking that a path will be laid down for me but I am doing nothing to search for the path.

Each day, I want to say a prayer similar to what Brother Andrew said:

"Lord, if You will show me the way, I will follow You. Amen."

He said this AFTER commiting himself to the Lord and letting go of the thing that was holding him back. Something is still holding me back. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but fear and pride are part of it. I need to spend a lot of time thinking this over.

No comments: